Looks like the Release Candidate of Solid Edge ST4 is about to be ready for shipping or download.
Watch the Support area this weekend or next week.
Also update training materiel will be available by the end of the month if everything goes smooth.
Point your browser to www.soliddna.com
Fresh bake from the ST4 ovent.
Solid Edge is no more the best keep secret of the CAD industry.
Are you interested by Solid Edge?…Are you looking to buy Solid Edge?…You just bought Solid Edge?…
Or you are already member of the Solid Edge community from long time….?
A new member of the Solid Edge community join the blogsphere
Visit @asteng88 and leave him a welcome word
Here is blog address
A brief post to encourage everyone to visit www.soliddna.com during the Solid Edge ST4 event.
From the home page you will be able to click on a link to follow a live coverage of the event
Lots of stuff during those three days, will do my best to keep you inform.
Combining linear and non-linear modes.
How do i make edits easier? By allowing the coexistence of linear and non-linear in the same ecosystem.
Edit non-linear model using parameters
How do i make edits easier? By incorporating parameters in non-linear models with the notion of procedural feature.
Add and specify dimensional constraints in real time
How to reduce the pre-planning stage of a design? By using PMI dimensions on the 3D model.
Concept number 3
Keep the mechanical integrity of the model
How to make changes more quickly? By recognizing and maintain the mechanical intend of your model.
Others are attracted by the marketing that surround a product. And I can understand because the purpose of marketing is to make us dream to make us forget the reality.
However it is often more important to understand the impact these programs have on how we work.
Yes CAD software is a tool just like any carpenter and machinist tools, but it goes further. Often there is a philosophy, a culture that comes with software that will shape in bad or good your way of seeing and working.
Simulation for sheet metal design
Some details are starting to filter about the next Solid Edge version.
But before going into the details,…. the best place to get info.
If you own a Solid Edge license, I invite you to subscribe to the forums and join the Solid Edge community online.
JasonNewell.NET Blog: Why you can’t miss the Solid Edge ST4 Launch Event…http://ow.ly/4HiUF
***Update see at the bottom***
Meet the SE Planning Team, at the Solid Edge ST4 Global Launch Event.
Those guys and girl are the tips of the iceberg, who have start shaping a new era in the CAD modeling.
OK, at first many of you yell loud when Synchronous Technology was launch.
For some of us the cultural shock was bigger, but now that Synchronous Technology and its non linear modeling techniques mature, people now realize new ways to add Synch modeling to their design. In fact a whole CAD industry is working in that direction and Solid Edge have take the lead with its fourth release candidate.
Also let’s not forget all the GTAC team members, Kyle, Wayne, Jeff, Ken, Andrew, John, Jim, Paul, Marcelo, Rene, Woody….. those are the one who makes the link between the planning and you.Next time you log something, just drop hello from Solid DNA in your request 😉
Also let’s not forget Laura who works backstage.
So for those of you who get FUD about Solid Edge and the Synchronous Technnology come and see for yourself
Oups almost forget to post the link 🙂 …… meet the Planning team
Happy design everyone
P.S. Update here the support and testing field lead by Laura Watson and Doug Stainbrook
- Increase your productivity and the value you deliver to your company
- Pick up dozens of Solid Edge design tips and ideas
- Dig into Solid Edge features you may not have had time to explore
- Network and share design tips with fellow Solid Edge users from around the world
- Broaden your contacts with suppliers and potential new customers
- Get your hands on the latest software, Solid Edge ST4, and learn from the people who developed it.
- And most importantly: be part of shaping the future of Solid Edge!
- We will have great visit from Australia…. can you guess who will it be? 😉
- There will be a welcome reception and networking opportunity on the evening of June 14th, 2011.
- Cost: Early bird registration will be $250/user through March 31st, 2011. After that registration will be $350/user.
- The event will be held at The Westin Huntsville (+1 (256) 428-2000). We have secured a special discounted rate for a limited number of event registrants. Book your hotel room now.
- Download the event guide for more details.
Dear Edgers, Siemens PLM Software just announce:
We have locked in the dates for the Global ST4 Launch event!
Please mark your calendars to attend a get together of the greatest Solid Edge minds from all over world from June 14-16, 2011 in Huntsville, Alabama, USA.